Shannon Mullins & Wright LLP is actively seeking a full time Legal Assistant to provide support services to attorneys who practice civil litigation, employment and construction law, conduct real estate transactions, and provide trusts and estates services. The position entails direct client interaction and requires professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
Your personal sense of urgency and willingness to offer to help will allow you to excel in this position. The ideal candidate is a versatile team player who thrives in a busy, professional environment, who can effectively organize and prioritize tasks.
As a Legal Assistant, you will ensure the efficient and timely workflows of attorney and client needs to enhance the reputation of the firm. This position will report directly to the Firm Administrator and is a critical role of the Support Staff team. Successful candidates will thrive in an environment that upholds professionalism, integrity and loyalty; core values of the firm.
- Ensuring all incoming calls and guests are greeted timely and professionally;
- Managing the firm’s new client intake process and conducting potential client screenings;
- Conducting Conflict Checks for potential new clients;
- Setting up new clients in the firm’s legal software database;
- Opening, maintaining, and closing client files;
- Managing electronic calendars and shared inboxes;
- Coordinating conference room and meeting schedules;
- Processing incoming mail and packages, coordinating courier pick up and deliveries; scheduling court reporters;
- Opening, maintaining, and closing client hard copy files;
- Drafting engagement letters and legal correspondence;
- Conducting legal research as needed;
- Ensuring timely entry of time and billing details daily and in line with the firm’s best practices;
- Managing the inventory and ordering of office supplies;
- Ensuring the reception, kitchen and conference rooms are neat and professional throughout the day;
- Working with firm management to support the goals of the firm and special projects as needed.
Ideal candidates will:
- Have minimum 2 years providing legal support services
- Have working knowledge of and familiarity with the legal process and local court procedures
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail
- Have a strong work ethic with excellent follow up skills and a proactive mindset
- Have professional office experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and Adobe
- Have the ability to multitask, be flexible, think on your feet, and adapt to changing priorities
- Have a teamwork mentality
Preferred, but not required:
- 4-year college degree
- Clio software experience
- Basic Lexis Advance and/or Westlaw experience
- Public Notary
Background checks: All successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please submit a current resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shannon Mullins & Wright LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.